PDF Generating Tool Support Forum

HOME   Login   Register    Search

Subject: initialPageNumber
   PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 17:51 
Hello,

i'm wondering, if it is possible to set the initial page number to something specific, if a passthru within a php page is used, something along the lines:

passthru('java -Xmx512m -Djava.awt.headless=true ' . '-cp ../pd4ml/pd4ml_demo.jar Pd4Cmd \'' . $url . '\' 800 A4 -smarttablesplit -author \'Author\' -insets 7,7,10,10,mm' -param initialPageNumber \'2\');

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards
Niels Göran

Subject: Re: initialPageNumber
   PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 17:58 
Unfortunately, currently there is no such parameter.

In theory you may add the feature by yourself: Pd4Cmd utility source code is available for free download; PD4ML header/footer Java API has a method to set the page counter initial value.

If you are already our customer, we could add the feature to the main PD4ML development branch.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 18:14 
Hey...

Thank you for your answer...
The idea to add the feature myself sounds good.

Could give me some advice regarding the general structure of such an implementation?

Do I understand you correctly, that I would need to modify the source code for pd4ml_demo.jar, so that the Pd4Cmd sections is able to pass a new parameter to the Java API?

In addition, what is the difference between Pd4Cmd and Pd4Php ?

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards
Niels Göran

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 18:18 
Hello,

one more question:

I'm using the smarttablesplit option and it works fine, with one exception:
It is not repeating the <th> section on the next page.

Is there a reported problem with that function or is there another way to make this work? It would be really helpful !

Kind regards
Niels Göran

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 19:01 
> Could give me some advice regarding the general structure of such an implementation?
> Do I understand you correctly, that I would need to modify the source code for pd4ml_demo.jar, so that the Pd4Cmd sections is able to pass a new parameter to the Java API?

You may rename the class, modify, compile and leave the original Pd4Cmd packed to pd4ml(_demo).jar untouched.

You need to invoke the method. But now I am not sure if it will work for inline headers/footers. Next week we'll check that and most probably add the missing parameter to Pd4Cmd.

> In addition, what is the difference between Pd4Cmd and Pd4Php ?
Pd4Php was the first command line tool version. After we added more general purpose functions we renamed it to Pd4Cmd.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 19:04 
> It is not repeating the <th> section on the next page.

In the mode it repeats all leading <tr> tags if they consist of <th> tags only.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2011, 11:14 
Hey...

Thank you very much for your reply.
It would be really great, if you could add that feature.

Looking forward to testing the new version!

Kind regards
Niels Göran

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2011, 15:58 
Hello pd4ml-team,

I just would like to know, what the status is on the initialPageNumber parameter.
We are about to deploy the solution for our customer, so it would be really great to have this feature already in place for the customer (We will buy the license soon).

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards
Niels Göran Blume

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011, 17:07 
The feature is still under development - there are some technical complexities with the implementation. In a couple of days we'll inform you if it is going to be included to the forthcoming release.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2011, 21:25 
A version with the feature (v370fx2) is already available for download.

In command line an initial page number can be defined like that:
... -param pd4ml.initial.page.number 3

Unfortunately in RTF format we found no way to impact total number of pages value correspondingly, as it is by PDF output.

[Reply]     [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Copyright ©2004-10 zefer|org. All rights reserved. Bookmark and Share