PDF Generating Tool Support Forum

HOME   Login   Register    Search

Subject: How to auto-split a table, that does not fit a single page?
   PostPosted: 30 May 2009, 22:42 
TR {page-break-inside: avoid} CSS definition is intended to protect table rows from being broken.

PD4ML also provides a limited experimental support for table header replication:

You need to invoke pd4ml.enableTableBreaks(true) method (or to set enableTableBreaks attribute of <pd4ml:transform>) - it implicitly defines page-break-inside: avoid for <tr> elements and replicates the table heading row(s) to the tops of all table parts. (heading row there is a row, which consists of <th> elements only)

In both of the cases the table border and the table background can not reflect the splits on <tr> level. So the best way is to disable the table border and background and to define borders and background colors for single cells.

TD { border: 1px solid red }
TABLE { border: none; border-collapse: collapse }

Subject: Re: How to auto-split a table, that does not fit a single page?
   PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 08:48 
While using enableSmartBreakTable, I am getting unwanted space between header and data from the second page of the portlet.

In the first page for the same portlet it is good. Kindly help me with a best solution ASAP

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 15:24 
Can someone please help me on the above issue.

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 16:13 
More Inputs:

I am using the below two options for making header for the same portlet to appear on each page if data exceeds the page

pd4ml.addStyle("TABLE,DIV {page-break-inside: auto !important}", true);
pd4ml.enableSmartTableBreaks(true);

This option is working with datagrid with normal header. But when it comes with multiple level of headers(mix of headers), then the issues arises.

Example Grid:

The above options is working for the below format
Header1 Header2 header 3
data1 data2 data3

the above option does not work for the option

Header1 header2 GroupHeader1 GroupHeader2
SubGroupHeader1
Header3 Header4 Header5 Header6 Header7
data1 data2 data3 data4 data5 data6 data7

PostPosted: 15 May 2012, 14:18 
I am afraid PD4ML cannot replicate multiple levels of headers from page to page.

Currently as a table header it interprets the first table rows, consist of <th> elements only. <thead> tags or similar are not supported.

[Reply]     [ 5 posts ] 

Copyright ©2004-10 zefer|org. All rights reserved. Bookmark and Share