PDF Generating Tool Support Forum

HOME   Login   Register    Search

Subject: Performance Issue
   PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 20:50 
We have moved our application to a new webserver. Now renders that used to take under a second are taking over a minute, or timing out. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Subject: Re: Performance Issue
   PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 20:57 
Try to switch debug on (pd4ml.enableDebugInfo()) and inspect server's log file (or STDOUT) if there are any requests to remote resources, could possibly cause a network delay.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2022, 14:16 
Chipo wrote:
We have moved our application to a new webserver. Now renders that used to take under a second are taking over a minute, or timing out. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

hava you resolved this issue ? I faced the same with you

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2022, 15:04 
A typical reason of such issues after the network environment changed is missing/broken routing from the server, where PD4ML runs, to a server where it reads resources (images, stylesheets etc) from. For every external resource link it waits till network connect timeout expired.

To troubleshoot first determine which addresses are not reachable (by setting the debug on). After that you can either resolve the routing/firewall issues or (if the resources can be skip) reduce the JVM network connect timeout to smaller values, like a couple of seconds

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2022, 03:17 
my stylesheet doesn't have any outer http link. it seems invoke useTTF api causes taking long time. if i don't invoke useTTF, it is fast but the chinese characters are messed...

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2022, 16:48 
PD4ML wrote:
A typical reason of such issues after the network environment changed is missing/broken routing from the server, where PD4ML runs, to a server where it reads resources (images, stylesheets etc) from. For every external resource link it waits till network connect timeout expired.

To troubleshoot first determine which addresses are not reachable (by setting the debug on). After that you can either resolve the routing/firewall issues or (if the resources can be skip) reduce the JVM network connect timeout to smaller values, like a couple of seconds

my stylesheet doesn't have any outer http link. it seems invoke useTTF api causes taking long time. if i don't invoke useTTF, it is fast but the chinese characters are messed...

[Reply]     [ 6 posts ] 

Copyright ©2004-10 zefer|org. All rights reserved. Bookmark and Share