HTML to PDF / DOCX / RTF Java converter library Forums PD4ML Forums Technical questions / Troubleshooting issue with generatepdfa(true) while migrating from pd4ml 3.7.1 to 4.0.17

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Actually we bought pd4ml pro license for v4 and then we are migrating to 4.0.17 while doing that pdf is generating properly only but we identified one problem with generatepdfa(true). In pdf we are getting “Evaluating Mode pd4ml pdf” watermark. we need some more information about what is difference between pdfa vs pdf generation through pd4ml jar. we need justification for that statement.

This how code looks like in old pd4ml jar
    import org.zefer.pd4ml.PD4ML;

PD4ML pdf=new PD4ML();
    pdf.generatePdfa(true);

when we migrate to pd4ml v4.0.17 jar we are getting “Evaluating Mode pd4ml pdf” but when we comment that statement we are getting pdf properly. we need to understand what is difference between generating pdf using pdfa vs pdf(default)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi! I guess you currently own PD4ML license, which assumes only regular PDF output. PDF/A-b support requires PD4ML DMS license, PDF/A-a and PDF/UA requires PD4ML UA license.

See https://pd4ml.com/products/

You can easily upgrade to the above version by paying the difference in license price (if your maintenance period is still active).
    There is no need to replace the PD4ML binaries, you only need to apply a new license code with the required features enabled.

understand thank you

And also I need some more info about ss_css2-3.7.1.jar, pd4ml_rc-3.9.8.jar and fonts-3.7.1.jar

when I remove css2 jar it was working fine since we have separate package under pd4ml from 3.9.8 onwards but I didn’t found any information like they merged css related code into main pd4ml jar.

And when we remove fonts jar chinese and arbic languages are not working does version 4 will still supports 3.7.1 fonts jar or we have to do manual configurations for that.

Finally question does we required pd4ml_rc jar since we have samme .ttf files exist in fonts jar as well

ss_css2-*.jar is not needed since version 3.9.8, since we implemented our own CSS cascading mechanism.

Any older font JAR is compatible with v4. You can create new font collections using the GUI tool:

PD4ML Fonts Tool

what about this jar pd4ml_rc-3.7.1.jar

can anyone please respond this chat. while doing upgradation we found that font.jar and pd4ml_rc.jar having same ttf files. if we remove pd4ml_rc.jar and keep fonts.jar will anything can break

pd4ml_rc-3.7.1.jar contains only the minimal set of fonts needed to produce PDF/A. If it duplicates fonts from other font sources, it can be safely removed.

Thank you for your response it is helpful

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.