• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Good morning,
    We have an older version of PD4ML that we would like to update.
    One of the way that we use PD4ML is to use the transform tag in our jsps to convert to a pdf. Our current pdfs generated from jsp page are using 2.6 tld.

I am evaluating the latest PD4ML v4. I applied for an evaluation license. The only option that I get in “View MY Licenses” page is the ability to download the license in pdf file. Currently I have not used the license on my project. The pdf format generated using the new v4 jar files is not quite correct.

Here are my questions:
    1: How do I get for evaluation a .lic file instead of pdf file so that we can install it in /classes directory as indicated in PD4ML docs?
    2: Will applying a license file provide more features?
    3: What is the best way to update the jsps to display in correct format using the newer version of PD4ML?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Madhvi Arora

Maybe this will help someone since it was not obvious- clicking on the activation code downloads a .lic file. We do seem to have many formatting issues using this new version. Also adding the debug=”true” breaks the jsp to pdf conversion.

Can you please let me know where the logs are written. Also why is debug=”true” breaking the page. Here is the transform tag:

<%@ taglib uri=”http://pd4ml.com/tlds/4.0&#8243; prefix=”pd4tl” %><%@page
    contentType=”text/html; charset=UTF-8″%><pd4tl:transform
    screenWidth=”900″
    pageFormat=”A4″
    pageOrientation=”portrait”
    pageInsets=”25,25,25,25,points”
    fileName=”quote.pdf”
    inline=”true”
    enable=”true”
    debug=”true”>

Hi!

> 1: How do I get for evaluation a .lic file instead of pdf file so that we can install it in /classes directory as indicated in PD4ML docs?

There are various methods to provide the license code to the software. pd4ml.lic file is one of them. pd4ml.lic is a text file. You can create the file and copy-paste the license code to it.

Or, as you learned, you can click over the code on “View My Licenses” page to download the file.

> 2: Will applying a license file provide more features?

No. A non-trial license code removes the evaluation banner from resulting PDF docs. An evaluation license makes the evaluation banner less contrast and annoying. But the software in evaluation mode is still fully functional.

> 3: What is the best way to update the jsps to display in correct format using the newer version of PD4ML?

Despite PD4ML v4 provides refactored JSP taglib, if you have JSPs created and tuned for v3, we recommend to stay with pd4ml_tl.jar from PD4ML v3.

PD4ML v4 implements new HTML rendering engine and supports much more HTML and CSS features, so rendering differences are possible.

Please email HTML/JSP/CSS and corresponding problematic PDF output to helpdesk @ pd4ml.com to get an assistance

Thanks you so much for your reply.

We have a very old version of PD4ML. I believe we have version 1.0 jar files but in jsps we use following taglib:
    <%@ taglib uri=”http://pd4ml.com/tlds/pd4ml/2.6&#8243; prefix=”pd4ml” %><%@page
    contentType=”text/html; charset=ISO8859_1″%><pd4ml:transform
    screenWidth=”900″
    pageFormat=”LETTER”
    pageOrientation=”portrait”
    pageInsets=”25,50,25,25,points”
    enableImageSplit=”false”>

Should we still stick with version 3 or should we change to version 4 ?

Also I figured out the debug=”true” breaks the page. Instead changing it to debug=”1″ or debug=”0″ works.
    Maybe thats a bug in PD4ML?
    Thanks.

> I believe we have version 1.0
    Not likely, as from the code snippets follows, you use v2.6 of the taglib. It belongs either to PD4ML v2 or v3

> Should we still stick with version 3 or should we change to version 4 ?
    It definitely makes sense to switch to v4

Also I figured out the debug=”true” breaks the page. Instead changing it to debug=”1″ or debug=”0″ works.
    Maybe thats a bug in PD4ML?
    Most probably it is caused by difference in v3 and v4 API and diagnostics subsystem.
    PD4ML v3 allowed simply to switch debug with pd4ml.enableDebugInfo() on, but v4 has pd4ml.setLogLevel(int) instead, where parameter is a bitmask controls various features to be logged. We’ll check why the taglib mapping is wrong there

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.