HTML to PDF / DOCX / RTF Java converter library Forums PD4ML Forums Technical questions / Troubleshooting Line break in a table cell despite nowrap (on nested html-tag)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have a fixed table layout using white-space: nowrap. So the table cell text should overflow into the next cell if it’s too long:

<table style="table-layout: fixed; width: 175px; white-space: nowrap;"> <tr> <td style="width:75px; white-space: nowrap;">Overflow Description<sup>sup</sup></td> <td style="width:75px;text-align: right;">123</td> <td style="width:25px;">last</td> </tr> </table>

It works if there is no nested element like the sup in the example. Also a span or other inline elements will not work. It seems that it is treated as a display:block element.
    HTML works as expected. The problem occurs in the PDF.

Is there a workaround for this or maybe a fix?

PD4ML version “4.0.15”.

Thank you and best regards
    Daniel

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi! It was a bug in our code. A bugfixed snapshot build of v4.0.15fx2 is going to be available for download tomorrow.

Thank you for your quick response.
    I got the version pd4ml-bin-4.0.15fx2-SNAPSHOT.zip from https://pd4ml.com/v4/. ‘Last Modified’ is from 2022-12-13 03:47.
    Unfortunately it is not fixed. Also the whole table layout is more broken now.
    Did I get the wrong version?

Hi! It was a bug in our code. A bugfixed snapshot build of v4.0.15fx2 is going to be available for download tomorrow.

Is there anything new about this?

Hi! As I see the bugfixed version for some reason has not been uploaded to the site yet.
    Please check the download area tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

Hi! As I see the bugfixed version for some reason has not been uploaded to the site yet.
    Please check the download area tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

I confirm it is working now. Please release the bug fix with the next version. Thank you very much

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.