Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
in reply to: TTF not working with Pro version also footer not working July 5, 2010 at 18:11#28083
Yes, footers defined via API always allocate specified space, even if for a particular page they must be skip.
You may achieve the needed footer appearance with so-called inline footers, using
<pd4ml:page.footer>tag. See the topic for more details:html-pdf-faq-f1/pdf-page-headers-footers-definition-options-t41.html
in reply to: HTML/CSS rendering issues July 6, 2010 at 23:15#26411Hello,
We do have problem with rendering under Linux (Ubuntu, Tomcat).
It looks like the problem is related to white space. When there is several white space symbols (i.e codes (A0), ” ” etc) that occur after the tag then everything after a new line is discarded until next span tag.
Still, the same template will work perfectly under Windows (Jetty).
Kris
in reply to: General questions / FAQ July 8, 2010 at 13:53#26412Hi,
I am using PD4ML Professional to generate reports based on a combination of HTML templates and dynamic content from our application engine.
When I try to create a document without a cover page, I end up with a blank first page in the document. It seems like the
<h1>tag triggers a page break even when it is the first tag in the<body>section.Is there some way to suppress this behaviour?
in reply to: First page blank when starting with H1 July 8, 2010 at 14:09#28086By default
<h1>does not force a page break.Obviously in the document CSS defined something like
H1 { page-break-before: always }
You need to override the setting for the first
<h1>tag.in reply to: Troubleshooting July 8, 2010 at 14:52#26413I’ve noticed that PD4ML supports Arabic RTL formatting when consuming html/css that contains the direction=”rtl” attribute. The problem that I’m facing is that when I configure it to use a multicolumn layout, the columns always fill in from left-to-right. Is there a configuration setting that I’m missing?
Thanks,
Stephin reply to: First page blank when starting with H1 July 8, 2010 at 15:02#28087Sorry, it was a false alarm. I’m a bit embarrassed, but I just found that it was our template preparser that did the page break insertation. Hmm, not my code… 🙂
Thank you for the quick reply!
in reply to: General questions / FAQ July 12, 2010 at 13:19#26414Hi,
Today, I’ve struggled for working done your library.
I finally found (by myself) the famous problem of dom classes which are already defined in JRE (mentioned here : pdf-generation-troubleshooting-f4/noclassdeffounderror-org-w3c-dom-document-t7.html)You know this problem since more than one year, couldn’t you correct this quickly in a future version ?
Thanks.
in reply to: General questions / FAQ July 12, 2010 at 15:26#26415Hi (again :-p),
I search to open a dialog with save/open when I generate a PDF. How can I do it ?
I know that it seems to be possible to do it with tags but I can’t to use them easily.I tried to do it with setContentType(), setHeader()… but I didn’t succeed…
Thanks for your help.
in reply to: PD4ML multicolumn functionality does not support Arabic RTL July 12, 2010 at 20:01in reply to: PD4ML multicolumn functionality does not support Arabic RTL July 13, 2010 at 10:46#28089In few days we are going to release a new version, which addresses RTL issues as well. Hopefully it solves the problem you reported. Stay tuned.
in reply to: org/w3c/dom/* classes in ss_css2.jar July 13, 2010 at 10:56#28097ss_css2.jar is a library, developed by CSS Parser open-source project. It is difficult to say if we are legally allowed to remove the classes from the original set.
in reply to: Open an explorer popup with save/open July 13, 2010 at 11:02#28103If you use PD4ML JSP taglib, just define inline=”false” and fileName=”file.pdf” attributes of
<pd4ml:transform>In servlet/PHP/etc scenarios, define
Content-disposition: attachment; filename=file.pdf
HTTP response header.
in reply to: org/w3c/dom/* classes in ss_css2.jar July 13, 2010 at 12:08#28098I’m not sure of that but it seems that ss_css2.jar is the equivalant of CSS Parser 0.9.4. Today, there is the version 0.9.5. Maybe it is better.
Else, LGPL, the CSS Parser license, authorize you (and everybody) to modify it if you redistribute the modified library with the same license.
in reply to: org/w3c/dom/* classes in ss_css2.jar July 13, 2010 at 12:14#280990.9.5 currently is not compatible with PD4ML. The issue is in our TO DO list to fix.
in reply to: Open an explorer popup with save/open July 13, 2010 at 13:34#28104Ok, thanks.
It was difficult but I succeed. It is a little bit sad and it need to be ameliorated but it works. A simple example :
int userSpaceWidth = 780;<br /> File output = new File("document.pdf");<br /> FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(output);<br /> PD4ML pd4ml = new PD4ML();<br /> pd4ml.setHtmlWidth(userSpaceWidth);<br /> pd4ml.render("http://www.w3.org/", fos);<br /> <br /> response.setContentType("application/pdf");<br /> response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=document.pdf");<br /> FileInputStream fileInputStream = new FileInputStream(output);<br /> int i;<br /> while ((i=fileInputStream.read())!=-1)<br /> {<br /> response.getOutputStream().write(i);<br /> }<br /> response.getOutputStream().flush();<br /> response.getOutputStream().close();<br /> fileInputStream.close();<br /> output.delete(); -
AuthorPosts
