HTML to PDF / DOCX / RTF Java converter library Forums PD4ML v3 Archived Forums (Read Only) Troubleshooting Can not read a pd4ml-PDF with checkbox with pdfbox

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    in our application we generate PDF-Files with forms. The generated files were read with the pdf lib Apache pdfbox. Since we updated pd4ml (Version 3.8.1fx2 to 3.8.5fx6) pdfbox can’t read the generated files with form-elements (text- and checkboxes). The error message is: “Error: Expected a long type, actual=’>>'”
    If i open the resulting PDF with an text editor i count one more “>>”-token than “<<". Am i right that these tokens wrap pdf objects and i should find the same number of both tokens? Is this behaviour a bug? Example HTML: <br /> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"><br /> <html><br /> <head><br /> <title>Test</title><br /> </head><br /> <body><br /> <input type="text" value="test"/><br /> </body><br /> </html><br /> transform html to pdf on command line: <br /> java -Xmx512m -cp .pd4ml-3.8.5fx6.jar Pd4Cmd file:Test.html 1200 -pdfforms -out Example.pdf<br /> pdfbox reading example (java): <br /> public static void main(String[] args)<br /> throws IOException {<br /> PDDocument.load(new File("Example.pdf"));<br /> } I am looking forward to get an helpful answer 🙂 Thank you

Yes, it was a bug in our code. Please contact support pd4ml com for an updated version.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.