HTML to PDF / DOCX / RTF Java converter library Forums PD4ML v3 Archived Forums (Read Only) General questions / FAQ Can you create a header along the left hand side of the page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to get a header to print alongside or embedded with the page text? I am trying to create a report where the “header” information including the page number prints along the left side of the page.
    The following uses absolute positioning, but the output text is clipped. The header height seems to have a fixed maximum of about 1/3 the page height and I cannot get the body text to display correctly alongside this header. (I ran this with real text embedded the html snippet below is just a simple example)
    <br /> <pd4ml:page.header height='10px'><br /> <div class='ise_special'><br /> <span>my header text including page numbering</span><br /> </div><br /> </pd4ml:page.header><br /> <div class='ise_body'><br /> <span>This is the body text</span><br /> </div><br />
    With this CSS
    .ise_special
    {
    position: absolute;
    word-break: break-all;
    top: 1px;
    left: 1px;
    width: 42px;
    height: 400px;
    z-index: 20;
    border-width: 1px;
    border-style: solid;
    border-color: #00FF00;
    }
    .ise_body
    {
    position: absolute;
    left: 45px;
    width: 200px;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-overflow: clip;
    z-index: 1;
    border-width: 1px;
    border-style: solid;
    border-color: #00FFFF;
    }

Unfortunately it is not possible. You may place a header on the top of a content, or a footer below a content.

Starting with v396 it is possible to achieve the needed layout a tricky way. The most recent PD4ML version support a page overlay.

http://pd4ml.com/cookbook/pdf-overlay-underlay.htm

You may create a main PDF with some space reserved left side (using a left margin/inset etc). The second document should render only content, goes to the left side. After the docs are ready, you may combine the docs into a resulting one (by a placing of the second doc content over the first doc’s content).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘General questions / FAQ’ is closed to new topics and replies.