Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have a header section that uses rowspan and colspan tags, yet neither are being rendered when converting html to pdf.

The top cell spans 9 columns.
    The second row has one cell spanning two *rows*, and every other cell spanning two columns.
    The third row’s first cell should be included with the rowspan above, and there are 8 additional literal cells.

<br /> <table class="report"><br /> <tr><br /> <th colspan="9">Report</th><br /> </tr><br /> <tr><br /> <th rowspan="2">text</th><br /> <th colspan ="2">text</th><br /> <th colspan ="2">text</th><br /> <th colspan ="2">text</th><br /> <th colspan ="2">text</th><br /> </tr><br /> <tr><br /> <th>text</th><br /> <th>text</th><br /> <th>text</th><br /> <th>text</th><br /> <th>text</th><br /> <th>text</th><br /> <th>text</th><br /> <th>text</th><br /> </tr><br /> </table><br />

However, the result is that the rowspan does not span 2 rows, and none of the colspans span 2 columns, which generates misaligned headers.

From another thread I tried using the table css property: empty-cells: show; but no luck. I have also seen suggestions to add   to empty cells, but that is not necessary here as it does not work with text in each cell.

Also, using

in place of

produces the same behavior.

Please advise.

The issue is not reproducible with actual buiulds of PD4ML. Please download v360fx1 or v361b2 and replace pd4ml(_demo).jar and ss_css2.jar.

Hello,

I have a similar issue.

My company bought PD4ML v3.93. We still use v.3.85 before.

I changed the version in our application and compared the generated PDFs with v3.85 and v3.93.

The test results were very good expect of two tables. Some rows were positioned in a different way with v3.93 as it was with v3.85.

My HTML analyze showed that these tables with the wrong rendering use the Attribute rowspan extensively compared to the tables showing no rendering problem.

I have a made test cases for you to reproduce this error.

Unfortunately, the email form of the Support Forum does not allow to attach files to this message (or I do not see where I can do this).

Please tell me where I can put these artifacts for you to reproduce.

The following artifacts can be sent from my side:
    1. A ZIP file containing the HTML and all referenced files
    2. A PDF file rendered by v3.93
    3. A PDF file rendered by v3.85

With kind regards,
    Walter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘HTML/CSS rendering issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.