Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

When my CSS file contains this comment, …
    /*===*/
    PD4ML reports an error and ignores the entire CSS file in the HTML-to-PDF conversion.

I turned on debug info, and I see the following output and error in my debugger console. Why is PD4ML removing the initial “*” in the comment? The original CSS file does contain the “*”.

It looks like PD4ML has a comment parsing problem. What do you think?

I am using PD4ML 385 Pro (eval).

Console output …
    <br /> /== LAYOUT ==*/<br /> td.layoutCellSimplified{<br /> vertical-align: top;<br /> }<br /> <br /> /== HEADER ==*/<br /> .contentReportTitle.headerText{<br /> font-size: 13px;<br /> }<br /> <br /> ... LOTS OF CSS LINES ...<br /> <br /> org.w3c.css.sac.CSSException: Encountered "/" at line 1, column 1.<br /> Was expecting one of:<br /> <EOF><br /> <S> ...<br /> "." ...<br /> ":" ...<br /> "*" ...<br /> "[" ...<br /> "::" ...<br /> <HASH> ...<br /> "<!--" ...<br /> "-->" ...<br /> "@import" ...<br /> "@page" ...<br /> "@media" ...<br /> "@font-face" ...<br /> "@charset" ...<br /> <ATKEYWORD> ...<br /> <IDENT> ...<br /> <br /> at com.steadystate.css.parser.SACParser.parseStyleSheet(SACParser.java:60)<br /> at org.zefer.html.doc.css.d.new(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.zefer.html.doc.css.c.o00000(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.zefer.html.doc.PD4MLHtmlParser.buildDocument(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.zefer.pd4ml.PD4ML.o00000(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.zefer.pd4ml.PD4ML.render(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.zefer.pd4ml.PD4ML.render(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.myOrg.myCode.PDFConverter.doConvert(PDFConverter.java:289)<br />

It seems to be something wrong with the third-party CSS Parser project library (ss_css2.jar). We’ll check if ss_css2.jar can be fixed with reasonable efforts.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.