Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    i want to disable the inline-attachment feature with the following lines:

<br /> HashMap m = new HashMap();<br /> m.put(PD4Constants.PD4ML_DISABLE_EXTERNAL_ATTACHMENTS, "true");<br /> pd4ml.setDynamicParams(m);<br />

But this doesn’t work for me. I always get a PDF with embedded attachments. The data source is a domino-XML.

Thanks for your help

There is a probability you use PD4ML version, which does not support the feature yet. Could you please check generated PDF file properties: it should list PD4ML version used. Or alternatively send a problem PDF sample to support pd4ml com

From PD4ML documentation:

[language=java:3jrsrudr]/**
    * “pd4ml.disable.external.attachments”
    * if “true”, it does not load attachments () from local system and from URL. It does not impact inline-defined attachments.
    * @see PD4ML#setDynamicParams(java.util.Map)
    */
    public static final String PD4ML_DISABLE_EXTERNAL_ATTACHMENTS = “pd4ml.disable.external.attachments”;[/language:3jrsrudr]

Attachments come from Lotus Notes/Domino XML (DXL) are inline, that is the reason the setting does not disable them by default.

There are workarounds:

PdfAgentR7.java sample code has the following section:

[language=java:3jrsrudr]if ( dontPassAttachmentsToXalan ) {
    xml = extractAttachments(xml);
    }[/language:3jrsrudr]

extractAttachments() method extracts inline attachments from DXL, stores them as temporal files and inserts references to the temp files instead on the attachment bodies. In the case PD4ML_DISABLE_EXTERNAL_ATTACHMENTS flag works as expected.

2. Suppress attachments on CSS level:

[language=java:3jrsrudr]pd4ml.addStyle(“pd4ml-attachment {display: none}”, true);[/language:3jrsrudr]

In the case an invoking of extractAttachments() also makes sense, as it prevents bulky base64-encoded attachment data from being passed to XALAN.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.