Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

we have a Lotus Domino application that produces PDF files with PD4ML Libraries (Java version).

The application uses TTF Font IDAutomationHI25M.ttf to print a Barcode.

We had this application perfectly running with a 7.0.x domino server. Now we had to upgrade the server to 8.5.3 and the barcode shows like in the attached file.

The XML produced by dxl.exportDxl(tmp) is:

ÀU+!!$Ã
    ev8iAAAABwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABiYXJjb2RlAA==

where the string “ÀU+!!$Ô is the Interleaved 2 of 5 encoding of number 5210000003 (as required by the fonts) while
    the char string “ev8iAAAABwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABiYXJjb2RlAA==” seems to be added by exportDxl function.

The second line (in the attached pdf) shows the same value (“ÀU+!!$Ô) print using a IDAutomation font which is NOT present in the jar file neither in the c:windowsfonts directory. The misteryous string still appears.

Does any of you have any idea?

thanks a lot
    tommaso

UnDecoding Base64 the string:

gives:zÿ”����������������������barcode�

with the text “barcode” at the end (that comes from the final part of the string AABiYXJjb2RlAA==)

In fact that field is a BARCODE…

even though this doesn’t help me :-< -t-

The garbage looks like UTF-8 wrongly interpreted as Latin-1. Should be solvable with an XSL adjustment. Could you please publish a DXL sample, which causes such problem?

thanks for the quick answer

the code I use is:

Document tmp = db.createDocument();
    RichTextItem rti = tmp.createRichTextItem(“PD4MLBody”);
    doc.renderToRTItem(rti);
    DxlExporter dxl = session.createDxlExporter();
    dxl.setConvertNotesBitmapsToGIF(true); => in this case il useless
    dxl.setOutputDOCTYPE(false); => tried with (true) but is the same
    String xml = dxl.exportDxl(tmp);

and the string “xml” contains

ÀU+!!$Ã

where the last part has something to do with the Base64 Encode of the Barcode.

I don’t know how to export a DXL in a different way … sorry

-t-

Could you please send the entire DXL and its resulting PDF to support pd4ml com?

I tried to convert the snippet you sent with our actual XSL and it printed only “ÀU+!!$Ô (well, we do not have the needed barcode font to test). Base64 portion has been suppressed by directive.

here you are

I attach PDF, xls, xml, html.

We had PD4ML 3.6.0, now we’re performing the test with 3.8.1

You are very kind :->

tommaso spazzali

I converted the DXL with the actual XSL and as for me it seems to be correct (except a missing barcode font issue).

I have attached the conversion result and the XSL stylesheet (which can be also taken from the actual Dxl2Pdf package: http://pd4ml.com/command-line-dxl-to-pdf-converter.htm )

It’s true, it works

thanks really a lot!

tommaso

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.