HTML to PDF / DOCX / RTF Java converter library Forums PD4ML v3 Archived Forums (Read Only) Troubleshooting Out of memory when ResourceProvider throws an IIOException

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

We implemented a custom ResourceProvider that load images then resize them to fit our required size

In some special use case, when resize failed a javax.imageio.IIOException is thrown then it causes PD4ML to run into Out Of Memory (Tested with JVM 2Gb)

It seems due to an infinite loop

Dump shows millions of instances org.zefer.html.doc.view.b

Thread stack is :
    at java.util.Arrays.copyOf([Ljava/lang/Object;I)[Ljava/lang/Object; (Arrays.java:3181)
    at java.util.ArrayList.toArray()[Ljava/lang/Object; (ArrayList.java:376)
    at org.zefer.html.doc.view.i$_b.o00000(I)I (Unknown Source)
    at org.zefer.html.doc.view.i.Õ00000(I)I (Unknown Source)
    at org.zefer.html.doc.db.o00000(IZ)I (Unknown Source)
    at org.zefer.html.doc.db.ÖÒ0000(I)I (Unknown Source)
    at org.zefer.html.doc.db.o00000(ILorg/zefer/html/doc/view/b;)Lorg/zefer/html/doc/view/b; (Unknown Source)
    at org.zefer.html.doc.db.o00000(Lorg/zefer/html/util/d;I)V (Unknown Source)
    at org.zefer.html.doc.view.d.o00000(Lorg/zefer/html/doc/h;Lorg/zefer/html/util/d;I)V (Unknown Source)
    at org.zefer.html.doc.view.d.o00000(Lorg/zefer/html/doc/h;Lorg/zefer/html/util/d;I)V (Unknown Source)
    at org.zefer.html.doc.Document.layout(I)V (Unknown Source)
    at org.zefer.pd4ml.PD4ML.o00000()V (Unknown Source)
    at org.zefer.pd4ml.PD4ML.render(Ljava/io/StringReader;Ljava/io/OutputStream;)V (Unknown Source)

Hi,
    do you have some news ?

Thanks

How big is the original image (dimensions, file size)? What are the dimensions after the resizing?

Problem is not with the resize part: in fact the resize failed because source is not found for example. But the problem occurs after that: when our custom code throws an exception, then PD4ML code runs into out of memory

Please check my email reply.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.