Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Greetings all,

We have a need to set orientation of one of our pages within the PDF document to landscape as its table contains a fair amount of data.

Changing and resetting page orientation works fine but as soon as we try to increase table width to say 100%, or manually set width to anything > 1200 the entire PDF shrinks buy I would say 20% ending with a lot of white space on the right-hand side of the document.

Is there a way around it please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    -Mario

I don’t even know you can rotate pages. How do you do that exactly? Which version are you using? iPad or Desktop?

Changing and resetting page orientation works fine but as soon as we try to increase table width to say 100%, or manually set width to anything > 1200 the entire PDF shrinks buy I would say 20% ending with a lot of white space on the right-hand side of the document.

Hi Mario,
    an illustrative sample (HTML + resulting PDF) would help a lot to understand the issue.
    Can you prepare and share one with us?

It turns out that as soon as I set table width to 100% (in page which is in landscape mode) first page of the PDF shrinks by some 20%.
    What fixes first page is to set table width also to 100% but then all columns in that page must also be set to a percentage value, pixels will not work as page will remain shrunk. This is very inconvenient as if you copy-paste HTML into an external editor and resize columns, tab widths will automatically be rest to pixel values which again means that page will be shrunk.
    I suppose one thing to try is to hardcode landscape page table width to a pixel rather than percentage value but that is hardcoding and I don’t really like to do that.
    I will play with it a bit more, I was hoping that somebody came across this already. If I find a usable solution I will post it here.

Just out of interest, if you have the time, try setting orientation of one of pages to landscape then set table width of that page to 100%. Try generating document and let me know if first page shrinks, it will be much appreciated.

Cheers
    -M

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.