HTML to PDF / DOCX / RTF Java converter library Forums PD4ML Forums Technical questions / Troubleshooting PD4ML 4 Content lost on page break (generating PDF from HTML, page footer used)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

we’re using PD4ML 4.0.15fx2 to convert HTML output to PDF. We are setting a simple footer for the pages.
    Under certain circumstances, when page break occurs on a table (a table of ingredients), the table row immediately preceding the page break is missing in the output. It’s not just hidden (such as “overlapped by the footer”), it’s not preset in the PDF.

Is there some known “dead space” around page breaks or another explainable reason?

My HTML is not minimized yet…but I will gladly post it when it helps.

Thank you & best regards!
    Viktor

Hi Viktor,

could you please test if the issue is still reproducible with the most recent builds of v4.0.16?

Hello,

we tried using the 4.1.16 snapshot, unfortunately this effect stayed (plus, our FontAwesome 6 glyphs that worked in .15fx2 became question marks).

A screenshot of the page break effect is attached – “Eiweiß” is present in HTML and missing in PDF.
    Do you have any ideas – would out HTML be useful for an examination?

Thank you, best regards
    Viktor

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hmm… Looks not good. We’ve just converted the forum topic to a support ticket.
    You’ll receive a notification soon.

Yes, the HTML sample would really help in the issue analyze.

> plus, our FontAwesome 6 glyphs that worked in .15fx2 became question marks
    It can be a side-effect of recent WOFF/WOFF2 support updates. Do you use the web fonts in your doc?

Thank you!
    Is the HTML best posted here or in the support ticket?

About FA6/WOFF – yes, we do use WOFF/WOFF2 fonts, so such effect would be possible. Please let me know if we can supply you an example for this, too. Those effect were observed in two separate usage cases.

Thank you, best regards
    Viktor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.