HTML to PDF / DOCX / RTF Java converter library Forums PD4ML v3 Archived Forums (Read Only) Troubleshooting Problem when creating the PDF with Korean characters

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Following the guide as in pd4ml-html-css-pdf-tips-tricks-f7/ttf-embedding-t42.html,
    I converted the Korean HTML test string to PDF using PD4ML. By the way, the output had question marks with not properly converted.
    The character set was UTF-8.
    I performed as follows:

1. Inserted ttf font files in the created folder “/fonts” under /WEB-INF/lib/.
    2. Run java -jar pd4ml_demo.jar -configure.fonts /fonts. Then pd4font.properties was created.
    3. In my JSP file, I entered like this:

테스트
    헬로우

It was not executable so I zipped the fonts folder into jar, placed it in the lib folder, and entered as follows:

I run it again, the output was not proper.

assumes the fonts are in fonts/ directory of the JAR. If the JAR has no internal directory structure, try

But I would recommend to start from a creation of a font directory not relative to /WEB-INF/lib (it does not work that way), but absolute to the file system. defug=”true” of should help you to identify the font loading problems.

I am following your order, but the same problem happened.
    I am in a hurry. If this tool is ok, I wanna purchase it.
    Please help me.
    For reference, my code is as follows:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/pd4ml.tld" prefix="pd4ml" %>
    <%@page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>

PD4ML embedded fonts test

title

Header test.
    ($[page]) of (총 $[total])

Hello, World!
    Hello, World!
    Hello, World!
    테스트
    헬로우

aaa bbb ccc
    111 222 333

what does it output to server’s log?

Thanks.
    I found the error reason. Actually, I copied the font directory but now I regenerated the font file, compiled it, and it looks fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.