Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am having a problem using the example as it appears in your reference manual for the header.setHTMLTemplate(“somehtml”) call. The header text in the example (Header Text) does not appear in the rendered document. I am using a version of pd4ml pro I downloaded this morning: pd4ml.pro.trial.351b7.zip. Is the problem a bug in the pd4ml code or is there a modification to the example code that will fix the rendering problem?

I tried using the pd4ml_demo.jar and ss_css2.jar from pd4ml.pro.trial.351b.zip to see if the problem could be resolved, but that didn’t work.

Can you suggest any way to resolve the problem? I really need the capability to populate headers and footers with tables. If you have a way I can do that without the setHTMLTemplate() call, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.
    jean

Hi,
    I have answered most of my own questions. setHTMLTempalte() works when I set the area height manually (setAreaHeight(150)) and do not set the HTML width (setHTMLWidth(950)) and do not use width=”100%” in the

tag. But I cannot use setAreaHeight(-1) to allow pd4ml to calculate appropriate height. The top of the header is cut off.

Any suggestions on how to auto-adjust header and footer heights? In my applications the headers will be dynamically generated so it would be nice to have a way to expand and shrink the height as needed rather than set a fixed height.

Thanks for your help!
    Jean McCallum

I would recommend to define inline headers instead of API definitions. See

html-pdf-faq-f1/pdf-page-headers-footers-definition-options-t41.html

If it is not acceptable for some reason, please email to PD4ML support and supply the request with the HTML code you use to define the HTML header.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘HTML/CSS rendering issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.