Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    we try to upgrade our PD4ML from version 3.9.3 to 4.x (last try with 4.0.6fx3).
    To give PD4ML a hi­nt where it can use hyphenation we insert soft hyphens (­\u00AD) into our text. With version 3.9.3 this worked as expected.
    After upgrade to 4.0.6fx3 and using the org.zefer.pd4ml.PD4ML wrapper the hyphen is always rendered, not only when a line break is needed.
    Using the new com.pd4ml.PD4ML I get either a question mark instead of the soft hyphen, I guess this is because of not configure the fonts correctly, or I get a large blank instead of the soft hyphen.
    Do I do something wrong or is it just not supported in version 4.x?
    I tried with demo and evaluation mode but neither did work.

My html:
    <html>
    <head></head>
    <body>

30-44 Jah\u00ADre

</body>
    </html>

Attached the generated pdf files.
    In the log file I see ‘WARNING: addStyle() takes no effect in non-Pro PD4ML versions’. Do I need the pro version to try this feature?

Thank you for your support.
    Oliver Breidenbach

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Why do you show my avatar image so big?

Hi Oliver! Sorry for the delay with the reply and the avatar issue. We are in a transition phase from the older to new web site design, and currently pd4ml.tech runs a dummy design, obviously with the style flaws.

I’ve created a ticket for the hyphen issue and assigned the top priority to it. Hopefully we have a solution within the next week.

Any news? Maybe a fixed version as surprising Christmas present? 😉

Hi Oliver! It has taken longer, but the fix is finally available as v4.0.7

Thanks, it is working fine now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.