Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
in reply to: problems with pd4ml.pro.trial.351b7 August 10, 2009 at 12:11#27422
I changed the class from “addressen” to “test” and again got identical results in MS IE and PDF.
in reply to: problems with pd4ml.pro.trial.351b7 August 10, 2009 at 13:26#27423Ok, i found my mistake. It was in the java code. I changed the output format. Now it works fine. Many thanks for your effort!
in reply to: HTML-to-Image conversion with PD4ML August 10, 2009 at 18:02#27259If you need any assistance with the HTML-toImage conversion, please contact PD4ML support by email. Unfortunately for the time being we have no detailed documentation for the feature.
in reply to: General questions / FAQ August 10, 2009 at 22:20#26240Does pd4ml include support for svg images included in the html document, or any other vector graphics? I have an image creation script that can also write out the images I am using as an svg or pdf (as well as gif/png which I use in the web pages). if I could directly embed those into the pd4ml document rather than using a gif/png, it would decrease the size of large documents, and increase image quality.
Thanks!
in reply to: Troubleshooting August 11, 2009 at 12:40#26241in using a watermark image, what is the best type of image to use and what values of the settings of the PD4MLPageMark should be set? we’re having some trouble getting the image transparent enough for the underlying text to show through.
thanks
in reply to: HTML/CSS rendering issues August 12, 2009 at 19:05#26242Hello
I’m interested in acquiring the professionnal licence. You’re doing a great job. For the moment I use the evaluation copy.
I’m trying to have a dashed border but with PD4ML I’ve got square-dots instead of a series of short line segments. How to stretch those dots ?
With the ‘dotted’ keyword, I’ve got round-dot which is correct.Try it yourself :
<div id="18" style="border-style: dashed; border-width: 1px 0px 0px; position: absolute; left: 100px; top: 350px; width: 800px; height: 0px;"> </div>in reply to: [CSS Issue] Border-style : dashed. August 12, 2009 at 19:23#27437We’ll check what wrong with it.
It seems the only workaround for the time being is to use border-width value 2 and greater
in reply to: [CSS Issue] Border-style : dashed. August 12, 2009 at 19:43in reply to: SVG or embedded pdf Images August 12, 2009 at 20:01#27430Unfortunately PD4ML does not support SVG graphics. SVG format is comparable by complexity to PDF itself and a fair implementation of SVG support module is not a trivial task.
We considered to use open-source SVG renderers, but were not satisfied with the existing libraries.
We are trying to keep PD4ML compact and performant, so we do not use general-purpose XML parsers, HTML code normalizers etc. Everything we use is custom developed (parsers, for example, with JavaCC) and specialized for HTML rendering and PDF output. As a result we have only 2 JARs, 635KB in size.
An adding of bulky 12MB of Batik (an open-source SVG library) just to support a single image format, was unacceptable from our perspective.
Nevertheless the SVG support is still in our TODO list. Most probably we’ll implement a plugable interface for vector graphics writers and an optional Batik-interface module is going to be an implementation of it.
in reply to: Stylesheet definition results in emtpy pdf document August 12, 2009 at 20:06#27391We addressed the issue again in v351b8. Please give a try to it.
in reply to: SVG or embedded pdf Images August 12, 2009 at 20:21#27431Thanks very much for the prompt response. i appreciate the lightweight and fast performing nature of pd4ml.
I may attempt to implement something that takes output from pd4ml and replaces images with vector images using iText. I will let you know if I get anything to work like that, but I doubt I’ll be able to. That will be neat if/when it gets implemented into pd4ml. Keep up the good work!
Thanks again!
Davidin reply to: Watermarks August 12, 2009 at 20:49#27436Should be:
You may use any image as a watermark. But you’ll get better results if you use a GIF or PNG with a transparency mask or alpha layer. (Opaque white background of a watermark image makes underlying content faded)
On practice:
the actual v351b8 has problems with opacity control (it always remains 100%). It is going to be fixed with the next release.
As a workaround you may use translucent PNG with opacity set, for example in Adobe Photoshop, to 20-35%.
in reply to: General questions / FAQ August 13, 2009 at 06:35#26243Hello,
We are evaluating your component and would like to ask several question.
*Is it possible to change PDF Producer and Application fields in PDF while converting web page to PDF using your library?
*The quality of web page rendering could be better, about 70% web pages look different than original. Some of them unreadable, try this http://www.download.com
How often do you release new versions with rendering engine improvements?regards,
Jonin reply to: is with PD4ML Java Library multithreading possible? August 17, 2009 at 15:29#27416thank you!
in reply to: General questions / FAQ August 19, 2009 at 20:31#26244Hi,
I’m running a web application in Ruby / Ruby on rails. I’ve used the wrapper you present for Ruby to get started. However this wrapper does not explain how to create header, footer and use of page_break.
Header and footer are not so critical for me. But page breaks are.
Is there a way to use<pd4ml:page.break> without including the taglib ? If not, is there a way to include it on my development envrionment ? If there is no way to use page break, then... can you explain to me why there is such an impossibility ? Can't the java converter look the string '<pd4ml:page.break>' in the html document and replace it with a page break ? This way, there is no need for a taglib. Another hint which makes me believe that it would be possible somehow is that you say in https://pd4ml.com/php.htm that php programmer could use the <pd4ml:header>
, but no trace of “taglib” in that page. -
AuthorPosts
