Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
in reply to: HTML/CSS rendering issues December 21, 2010 at 20:32#26502
I’m using a very simple test with a header and footer defined, and a bunch of text content spanning multiple pages, and I noticed that the space between the header and the first line of content varies from page to page.
Here’s my test html:
<pd4ml:page.header scope="1+"> Header Text </pd4ml:page.header> <pd4ml:page.footer scope="1+"> Footer Text </pd4ml:page.footer>
Here is some repeating content Here is some repeating content Here is some repeating content Here is some repeating content….[clipped for forum posting]I’ve attached the pdf output. Notice how the spacing is different on all 3 pages. Is there a way to make the spacing consistent?
in reply to: Inconsistent spacing between header and first line of page? December 22, 2010 at 12:59#28349The gap on the first page is caused by
<body>margin.With
<body style="border: 1 solid tomato">you may inspect actual document content edges. The margins could be suppressed by corresponding<body>tag attributes or by CSS properties.The minor differences on the subsequent pages depend on implicit page break position. PD4ML tries to shift the position to avoid text line from being split. That gives some minor fluctuations, I guess.
in reply to: Inconsistent spacing between header and first line of page? December 22, 2010 at 22:38#28350Thanks for the reply. Setting the
<body>margins to 0px addressed the issue.in reply to: pdf renders garbled png image December 27, 2010 at 10:33#28324As I see the issue impacts PNG24 images with alpha (translucency) layer only. We’ve been working on a bugfix.
in reply to: PD4ML Tips & Tricks December 27, 2010 at 15:16#26501Hi,
i’m trying to use Dxl2Pdf to extract HTML-representations from Lotus-Notes-Mails.
Everything works quite fine, except for some mails where in the generated HTML-Source there are tags like
<br /> <pd4ml-include xencoding="qp" debug="false"><br /> some ?hex? content<br /> </pd4ml-include><br />
Can you tell me what these tags are about and how i can circumvent them?Best Regards,
TFinkin reply to: General questions / FAQ January 4, 2011 at 09:06#26503Is there a way to POST data to the URL that is used to render the pdf?
I use a JSP and would like to post some large java objects to be used by the JSP.
<br /> ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();<br /> PD4ML pd4ml = new PD4ML();<br /> <br /> // Some http post stuff here<br /> <br /> pd4ml.render(url, baos);<br />/Christian
in reply to: Post data to URL January 4, 2011 at 13:18#28351Unfortunately the feature is not supported by PD4ML
in reply to: Dxl2Pdf / HTML-Source January 4, 2011 at 13:33#28348PD4ML implements a number proprietary tags to simplify support of some DXL features. (as an option) allows to include a portion of base64-encoded HTML content into a resulting PDF document. Of course, the tag is not supported by regular web browsers or renderers.
in reply to: Troubleshooting January 4, 2011 at 14:15#26504Hello,
my original HTML document has an image and I get the next Exception when I do pd4ml.render(…) :sun.awt.image.ImageFormatException: Unsupported color conversion request
I tried by changing the image by another with similar width and height but less file size (the original image that fails is 138 KB and the new one is 14KB). When I change it, it works fine.
How can I make it to work with the original size image? It has to be this image because it is from an external server and I cannot change the quality or size.
Thanks
in reply to: css @media parsing January 4, 2011 at 14:21#28338We’ve just fixed the issue. An updated version will be available for download in about two weeks.
in reply to: sun.awt.image.ImageFormatException: Unsupported color conver January 4, 2011 at 14:33#28352An image sample and corresponding HTML snippet would help a lot to reproduce the issue on our side.
in reply to: sun.awt.image.ImageFormatException: Unsupported color conver January 4, 2011 at 14:36#28353Yeah… but by privacy rules of my company I cannot publish the HTML and/or the image in a public topic.
Can I send you an e-mail with them?
in reply to: sun.awt.image.ImageFormatException: Unsupported color conver January 4, 2011 at 14:37#28354Of course. Please send it to support pd4ml com
in reply to: sun.awt.image.ImageFormatException: Unsupported color conver January 4, 2011 at 14:46in reply to: sun.awt.image.ImageFormatException: Unsupported color conver January 4, 2011 at 15:11#28356In order to resolve the issue you would need to convert the hi-res image from CMYK to RGB. CMYK images are not natively supported by Java
The lo-res image is already RGB, so it appears in PDF correctly
We plan to add CMYK support to the forthcoming version of our product, but it will take 1-1.5 months.
-
AuthorPosts
