Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
in reply to: Troubleshooting January 9, 2012 at 12:18#26654
Hi,
I am facing problem while generating PDf from a JSP page. In one of the website its faster while adding www to the domain name and slower without www. It behaves quite opposite in another website. Don’t know where to fix this issue. Please suggest.
Thanks
Biswajitin reply to: PDF creation is slower than expected January 9, 2012 at 12:23#28784As PD4ML does not implement its own TCP/IP layer and relies on the very standard Java networking, I would suspect an issue with network configuration / DNS resolution on your side.
in reply to: problem changing orientation with tomcat January 9, 2012 at 14:05#28782That would be a little hard to do, since the table is quite complicated and dynamic…
but thanks.
in reply to: HTML/CSS rendering issues January 18, 2012 at 03:45#26655Our company just evaluate PD4ML for our Lotus note PDF conversion solution.
A Java agent produces the PDF file from selected mail, i.e. the java agent runs in background, and then forward mail to others.
However, we have tested example provided shown that the Chinese character can’t be handled and remain a lot of unexpected character in outcome.
Is it related to DXL->HTML XSL stylesheets?
Look forward for your prompt reply.in reply to: Lotus note PDF conversion problem January 18, 2012 at 13:25#28785Could you please publish a DXL sample you try to convert? Hopefully there is no sensitive info in it.
in reply to: nullPointerException when rendering page January 18, 2012 at 17:42#27621What I am seeing is that as soon as the image is encountered, the page stops rendering at that point. Any data after the image is not seen on the page. It might be a 7 page PDF, but you only see the first 2 pages, for example.
Also, the URL on the server that fails is using SSL, so that might have something to do with it as well.
in reply to: General questions / FAQ January 18, 2012 at 22:57#26656Hi,
Is there any way of not applying Insets to the first page? The front page of the PDF I’m generating, has a a background image that should start at the very top of the page. But the rest of page should have a top margin.
Thanks
in reply to: Troubleshooting January 19, 2012 at 15:07#26657Hi ,
I have a requirement to generate pdf files daily and to display dynamically with the current date every time the PDF is opened.Currently we are able to generate pdf files from html templates using pd4ml.
I want to embed javascript in the pdf which displays the current date whenever customer opens the pdf file . Is there any way to do this at the pdf creation time
( similar to permissions)? If pd4ml doesnt support javascript then please let me know how can we accompalish this. I have an idea of creating form field and add javascript to that form field but couldnt able to do this.in reply to: General questions / FAQ January 20, 2012 at 09:44#26658Hi ,
I have a requirement to generate pdf files daily and to display dynamically with the current date every time the PDF is opened. I want to embed javascript in the pdf which displays the current date whenever customer opens the pdf file . Is there any way to do this at the pdf creation time ( similar to permissions)? please let me know how can we accompalish this.Thanks
in reply to: Paragraph indentation not working in generated RTF January 23, 2012 at 19:56#28763The feature is going to be supported with the next PD4ML release expected in few days.
in reply to: RTF features January 23, 2012 at 20:20#28769In few days we plan to release a new PD4ML version which addresses the issues. Below are our comments:
> I am not able to control the height of header/footer.
Unfortunately RTF format does not allow to control header/footer height. I would recommend to define header/footer as a table, with an explicitly given height matches the desired header/footer height.> Also I am not able to use multiple headers/footers – it seems that the last used will be on all pages regardless.
> Looking at the RFT spec, the format seems rather limited, but I see that it is possible to have a different
> footer/header on the first page (headerf) which I would assume is the most common need.
You are right, it is possible to define a different page header/footer for a title page only. In the new version you may define such header/footer that way:
PD4PageMark header = new PD4PageMark() { @Override public String getHtmlTemplate(int pageNumber) { if ( pageNumber == 1 ) { return "<b>Title page. $[title]</b>"; } return super.getHtmlTemplate(); } }; header.setHtmlTemplate("Page $[page]"); pd4ml.setPageHeader(header);
Unfortunately there is still no way to define title page header/footer with<pd4ml:page.header>tag.> I am not able to control any margins. Looking at the generated RTF, page margins are printed out,
> but is it a way to control this in the template, e.g. through the body?Now you may define margins via API call
pd4ml.setPageInsets(new Insets(20,40,20,20));
via margin CSS property of<body>element or combined. CSS way does not impact page header/footer positioning, the API call does.> Unwanted line breaks
We suppressed the line breaks were it was possible.
Note: RTF tables do not allow to define top and bottom margins. If HTML source defines the margins, PDF output blank lines instead of them.in reply to: RTF Font Formatting January 23, 2012 at 20:23#28783We’ve just fixed the text background issue, always worked in our environment.
The updated version is going to be released in few days.in reply to: pd4ml in a .jspx file used with success – up to a point …. January 24, 2012 at 09:08#28753Perhaps my question was too complicated.
The real question is:
Has anybody successfully created .pdfs from .jspx files and Apache Tiles?
If so please post an example, it would be greatly appreciated.I can’t get pd4ml:transform to work with enable=false, only with enable=true.
With enabled=false I get the ‘outputstream already called’ error
Thank you for your time.
in reply to: pd4ml in a .jspx file used with success – up to a point …. January 24, 2012 at 11:44#28754Could you please publish a sample of your .jspx page?
in reply to: display current date every time the PDF is opened January 24, 2012 at 11:50#28787Currently the feature is not supported.
We’ll investigate today if PD4ML architecture would allow to embed JavaScript to generated PDFs in principle.
-
AuthorPosts
