Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
in reply to: HTML/CSS rendering issues May 26, 2011 at 08:50#26564
i’m having big trouble to implement a simple customer request: in a report that includes data concerning some countries, the customer wants the country name as a headline, and if the data of one country spreads over several pages, the customer wants the headline to be changed to “Country name (continued)”.
Now i have no clue how to implement that (tbh, at the moment i’m counting the printed lines of the report and manually adding the pagebreaks, but that is not the most stable solution)I’ll give an (dummy) example of the report (Top Car Sales per Country)
— REPORT START —
Italy
– Fiat 500Germany
– Audi A1
– BMW 3— PAGE BREAK —
Germany (continued)
– VW Golf
– Skoda Fabia
– Dacia Logan— PAGE BREAK —
Switzerland
– Dunno
– FooAustria
– Bar–PAGE BREAK —
Austria (continued)
– Some other thingin reply to: HTML/CSS rendering issues May 26, 2011 at 21:02#26565Hi,
I’m using PD4ML 3.5.1-b8 pro, and I’m having trouble with simple tag rendering.
My code looks like this:
<br /> StringReader isr = new StringReader("<html><head></head><body><a href='http://www.google.com'>Google</a></body></html>");<br /> ByteArrayOutputStream stream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();<br /> PD4ML pd4ml = new PD4ML();<br /> try {<br /> pd4ml.render(isr, stream);<br /> }<br /> return stream.toByteArray();<br />
However, even though the “Google” shows up in blue and underlined, I can’t click on it in Adobe Acrobat to open a link.
On the other hand, if I also use a PD4PageMark footer and setHtmlTemplate, any tags in the footer will work just fine. What am I doing wrong to get tags in the main body to be rendered so they are still functional?
Thanks.in reply to: TTF embadding for one font is not working May 26, 2011 at 21:26#28539hi
can i please get a hint on this topic . does TTF embadding support all kinds of TTF filesthank ou
in reply to: Deployment / Configuration issues May 27, 2011 at 09:30#26566Hi!
I’d like to use the multicolumn feature of PD4ML Professional via PHP.
<pd4ml:transform multicolumn="2,10">does not work. Probably, this is just for JSP integrations.(As seen on https://pd4ml.com/taglib/index.html)
Likewise, pageOrientation does not work via transform, but needs to be set on the command line.
Is there any way to use PD4ML’s multicolumn feature with PHP?
Thanks!… Nico
in reply to: TTF embadding for one font is not working May 27, 2011 at 12:54#28540As I can imagine, “simplified arabic” is not particular font, but a font family. So it relies on font substitution logic – to auto-find a font has simplified arabic glyphs.
It is difficult to say why it does not work in your case. I would try to explicitly define the font family in pd4fonts.properties and assign to it any TTF, which has the Arabic glyphs. For example:
simplified arabic=arial.ttf simplified arabic Bold=arialbd.ttf simplified arabic Bold Italic=arialbi.ttf simplified arabic Italic=ariali.ttf
(and make sure, the mentioned .TTF files are available)
in reply to: Multicolumn with PHP May 27, 2011 at 13:07#28552We’ve simply forgotten to add a corresponding command-line parameter to the API method. Now it is implemented and going to be available with the new beta next week.
Syntax: -multicolumn 3,10mm or -multicolumn 3,12pt
in reply to: rendering <a> tags so they are still clickable in pdf May 27, 2011 at 13:32#28550Did you try it with actual (evaluation) versions of PD4ML?
in reply to: TTF embadding for one font is not working May 28, 2011 at 21:55#28541hello
here is tha part in discussion in pd4ml.properties fileSimplified Arabic=simpo.ttf
Simplified Arabic Bold=simpbdo.ttf
Simplified Arabic Fixed=simpfxo.ttfand the ttf files are int the right place but why this is happening with this font only bearing in mind that i took the ttf files from windows fonts and if i copy the text generated with this font to microsoft office it shows correctly .
what do you think
in reply to: TTF embadding for one font is not working May 30, 2011 at 15:52in reply to: TTF embadding for one font is not working May 30, 2011 at 16:33#28543In the post
html-css-to-pdf-rendering-issues-f3/fonts-included-in-the-html-t391.html
I already explained you, why PD4ML needs an access to physical TTF font files. JRE or Microsoft office have an access to font resources / font objects, so they can display the fonts on a screen.But in a case of PDF the font files need to be parsed, used glyphs extracted and the limited character subset to be included to the resulting document. You cannot get the needed info from java.awt.Font object,. So PD4ML implements a simple “font name->font file” mapping approach. I am sorry if you find it overcomplicated.
in reply to: TTF embadding for one font is not working May 31, 2011 at 04:11#28544hello
i dont find it overcomplicated . and i already done TTf embadding using your library and it works for all the fonts in my list except for this one fone which shows about 60% of the correct form and i also made sure that the mappings in the preperty file are correct .even thought this font shows correctly the same text in any other toolthanks
in reply to: Multicolumn with PHP May 31, 2011 at 11:47#28553That’s really cool! My client is pretty dependant on this feature, so I can’t wait for the new beta. 🙂
in reply to: page-break-inside: avoid Not Working June 1, 2011 at 03:41#27556Hi PD4ML team,
I got a page-break-inside problem here:
for example, I have two tables: table1 and table 2, the are rendered in one html page, when print, table 1 is half page height, and table 2 is one and half page height. I add page-break-inside on both tables, when print with PDF, table 2 actually is not start with a new page, but after the table 1 in the same page. Interesting thing is, if table2 is one or less than one page height, it will start with new page.
Is this a bug? or just by design of pd4ml? I’m really confused.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks,
Rock
in reply to: HTML/CSS rendering issues June 3, 2011 at 08:58#26567Hi,
i’ve have a problem diplaying Korean characters using PD4ML.
I used console mode as followsjava -Xmx512m -cp "$(packageRoot)apps/insilicotech/irims/lang/java/jar/PD4ML/pd4ml_demo.jar;$(packageRoot)apps/insilicotech/irims/lang/java/jar/PD4ML;." Converter "$(jobdir)/temp/$(moduleName).html" "$(jobdir)/temp/$(moduleName).pdf" "file:$(packageRoot)apps/insilicotech/irims/lang/java/jar/PD4ML/fonts"by the way the Korean characters which included in
<font="arial">tag
characters didn’t displayed.
i attach example html and result pdf file
and also snap shot in case you have no Korean character fonts.Thanks in advance
Kind regards.in reply to: HTML/CSS rendering issues June 3, 2011 at 11:18#26568Hi all;
I m using pd4ml_demo.jar and you know , programming language is java.
Althought i create a pdf from html web sites (for example http://www.erkansezer.com or https://www.pd4ml.com) there is an error about turkish character set (ı,ç,ö…. )
I use “runConverter” procedure in pd4ml_demo.jar.
I want to create a pdf page with turkish characters (ö,ç,ı,ğ,ş,ü).
Can you help me?
-
AuthorPosts
