Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
in reply to: HTML/CSS rendering issues November 27, 2012 at 21:12#26797
I’m working with a simple table, and I’m coming across some instances where pd4ml refuses to render a cell in the table.
This fails to render:
<br /> <table cellspacing="19"><br /> <tr><br /> <td></td><br /> <td><p>Name</p></td><br /> </tr><br /> </table><br />But, simply add some newlines, and it’s all better:
<br /> <table cellspacing="19"><br /> <tr><br /> <td></td><br /> <td><br /> <p>Name</p><br /> </td><br /> </tr><br /> </table><br />Or, even stranger, decrease the original table’s cellspacing to 18
<br /> <table cellspacing="18"><br /> <tr><br /> <td></td><br /> <td><p>Name</p></td><br /> </tr><br /> </table><br />This renders fine. What’s the deal?
Testing Environment:
PD4ML 3.8.0fx9 pro – Java
Windows 7 / Linux 2.6.18-238.1.1.el5
No special Options, just new PD4ML().renderin reply to: Table cellspacing and html formatting issues November 28, 2012 at 12:39#29159We reproduced the problem. For the time being there is no good technical explanation why it happens, but it is definitely a bug in our code. We’ll try to resolve the issue asap.
in reply to: CSS Colors Issue with CSS !msorm declaration November 28, 2012 at 13:06#29152In the case you hit a limitation of open-source CSS Parser project, which does not forgive such type of syntax errors.
We could produce a special patched version of the CSS parser for you, which ignores the directive, but without an inclusion of the patch to the main development branch of PD4ML. (An inclusion would require a port of the changes to .NET and it is not that trivial for JavaCC auto-generated stuff)
in reply to: loading verdana and georgia ttf not working November 28, 2012 at 13:17#28836following your advices , logs show us the font was not read,the font is loaded when the “font-family” property is read in our css, so we had fix our problem.
Thanks for answer.
in reply to: loading verdana and georgia ttf not working November 28, 2012 at 13:19#28837Glad you solved the problem!
in reply to: Troubleshooting November 29, 2012 at 12:58#26798Hi there
Using a string as a parameter to pass to PHP’s exec() function appears to not do anthing for me, but copying and pasting the string into Terminal creates the PDF as I require.
I would like to debug it to see whats up, but I can’t work out from the docs how to do this.
This is my string:
cd; java -debug -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmx512m -Xbootclasspath/a:ss_css2.jar -jar pd4ml.jar 'http://domain/test.php?id=x' -out /tmp/50b75b0abc95e.pdfAny help would be gratefully received.
I’m sure its not a user permission as I had something working earlier.
in reply to: PHP exec and Terminal November 29, 2012 at 15:33#29160It turned out, that the apache user was having issues reading the JAR file, but not reporting it.
So, in the exec I now cd into the correct folder (explicitly) and it works fine.
Just took a lot of working out as I had no real error information, until I worked out which user apache was running under (_www) and running the command as that user.
Incase anyone else has this issue…
in reply to: General questions / FAQ November 29, 2012 at 15:51#26799Hello. I’m trying to get a footer for the last page.
I can do a footer for each page (appears nicely at the bottom)
I can do a footnote for the last page (appears only on the last page)How do I combine them?
I want the footnote to be at the bottom, I tried this:
<pd4ml:footnote noref="true"><br /> <pd4ml:page.footer><br /> Last page footer content goes here.<br /> </pd4ml:page.footer><br /> </pd4ml:footnote>But it still doesn’t do what I want. I could do with scope=”lastpage” if I’m honest with you. But I’ve read somewhere that its fundamentally difficult. So any advice I would really appreciate on how to get this to work as desired.
in reply to: Footer at bottom of last page November 29, 2012 at 16:29#29162Sometime ago we discussed scope=”lastpage” feature.
html-pdf-faq-f1/scope-lastpage-t356.html
Probably you’ve seen the topic before.in reply to: PHP exec and Terminal November 29, 2012 at 16:31#29161Glad you solved the issue and thank you for the sharing of the solution with us!
in reply to: Footer at bottom of last page November 29, 2012 at 16:40#29163Yep, I read that and that’s where I got the
<pd4ml:footnote>from, but it doesn’t put the content at the very bottom of the page, which is what I need. I tried applying this css to the div that contained the footer:
bottom: 0px;<br /> position: fixed;But still no…
in reply to: Footer at bottom of last page November 29, 2012 at 16:45#29164Try to set bottom margin (inset) to 0 for the entire document. That results the footnote to be moved to the very bottom.
Instantly after
<body>tag or before<html>put<pd4ml:page.footer scope="skiplast"> or other placeholder to allocate some bottom margin space for all pages, except the last one </pd4ml:page.footer>
in reply to: Footer at bottom of last page November 29, 2012 at 17:17#29165Thanks, see here:
See if you can get the FOOTER text to be anchored at the bottom?
Thanks for your help…
in reply to: Footer at bottom of last page November 29, 2012 at 17:21#29166This is what I get from pd4ml
in reply to: Footer at bottom of last page November 29, 2012 at 17:30#29167Yes, I see. It was a good theoretical workaround, but unfortunately on practice it does not work. Obviously there is a bug in our code, which makes a footnote depend on the footer appearance.
We’ll check if there is a quick solution.
-
AuthorPosts
